[Rhodes22-list] Electric Trolling Motors, Again...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Aug 22 14:41:20 EDT 2006

Dave:
Electic boat motors has an extensive library in the archives.  Ask Mark P
how to use the archives.  That Includes all the technical stuff on size of
motor and number of batteries.  Just wait until Bill Effros sees this tread,
for months it was his subject of interest.  And I would suggest that a
certain Commodore of the fleet is known to use such a motor at times...

Before the builder died the Nomad or Kodiak were available in electric drive
versions.  They used many batteries as ballast...

Have you looked here:  http://www.mindspring.com/~jimkerr1/sebc&t.htm
or here:  http://www.psnw.com/~jmrudholm/etekoutboard.html
or here:  http://ecyclemarine.com/

John, have you gone for a test sail yet.  I suspect that your boat will be
one to use in the bath tub.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA

jlock wrote:

> At 03:37 PM 8/22/2006 -0400, DCLewis1 at aol.com wrote:
>>Has anyone mounted an electric motor on the stern when there is already a
>>rudder, swim ladder, and an OB with remote.  What I’m asking is,
>>is there  room
>>on the transom or does the electric prop conflict with the rudder?
I’ve