[Rhodes22-list] Electric Trolling Motors

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Tue Aug 22 17:13:02 EDT 2006

At 03:37 PM 8/22/2006 -0400, DCLewis1 at aol.com wrote:
>Has anyone mounted an electric motor on the stern when there is already a
>rudder, swim ladder, and an OB with remote.  What I’m asking is,
>is there  room
>on the transom or does the electric prop conflict with the rudder?   I’ve
>eyeballed our transom, and I think there is room to fit the motor
>between  the
>swim ladder and the rudder in an emergency (I could be wrong about  that, I
>haven't actually done it), but I’m worried about chewing up the
>rudder  and the
>transom.

Check out
http://www.minnkotamotors.com/products/motors/detail.asp?pg=fem  This
is an electric prop (or pair of props) designed to mount on an
outboard's lower-unit.  You'll probably want to re-wire the batteries
in series to get 24v for a package the size you need to move an
R22.  Don't know what the batt life would be, but you can bet it's
not much pushing against any wind or current.  There are salt-water
versions too.

Cheers!

John

"Money can't buy happiness but it can certainly rent it for a couple of hours."