[Rhodes22-list] Electric Trolling Motors

Bob Fletcher tfl4625 at blackfoot.net
Wed Aug 23 17:10:33 EDT 2006

What about sculling, (with a sculling oar, not just the rudder), as a motor
backup instead of a trolling motor?  Rik Sandberg mentioned using a sculling
oar to slip quietly out of a mooring in an April 2005 posting.  Any other
experience?

There is a comptrehensive discussion of sculling techniques and tools in a
1991 "Wooden Boat" article you can get to at
www.simplicityboats.com/ScullYulohaboat.htm.

Bob Fletcher