[Rhodes22-list] Brad - TN elections

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 11:43:53 EDT 2006

Wally,

I've met Ford a couple of times and he's an OK guy one on one.  His family
IS crazy and IS corrupt.  Jr. may be cut from a different cloth.  I'll give
him this, he doesn't constantly play the race card.  But then again, his
family shouldn't either since their grandmother is white (ever notice the
blue eyes).  I'll probably vote for Ford since I know nothing of Corker
other than he's popular as mayor of Chattanooga.  A lot will depend on how
close the whole Senate race is nationwide and how partisan I feel at that
moment.  You are right about East Tennessee, Ford will have a tough time
there.  He'll get near 100% of the black vote and a good bit of the white
vote west of the TN river.  I think Nashville and Chattanooga hold the wild
card.

Brad