[Rhodes22-list] Brad - TN elections

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 17:35:28 EDT 2006

Wally,

I really didn't have a dog in the hunt except I voted against Van Hilleary
for governor and was glad to see him lose the primary.  Ed Bryant and Corker
were equally OK with me.  BTW, Bredesan is being touted as a possible
candidate for Prez - great by me but considered too dull by the local pols
at the Memphis Peace and Prosperity Center (RP Tracks Bar & Grill).

The best thing Ford could do is send his family on a vacation to a third
world country until after the election is over.  They are a goofy bunch.
Jr. seems normal. I live about 100 yards outside his district (Marsha
Blackburn's) but have had friends ask Ford, Jr. for help on immigration
issues.  He's been very responsive.

November is a long ways away but if it looks like Lieberman will get back in
as an independent and the GOP can hold a majority by one, or, Cheney as the
tie-breaker, I'll probably vote for Ford.  To be perfectly honest, I really
don't care if the GOP holds the Senate or not.  The House I do care about.

Brad