[Rhodes22-list] Barber Hauler Rummy

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sat Dec 2 17:04:26 EST 2006

Rummy,
      Maybe one reason we don't use this technique is that we seldom broad
reach on Lake Hartwell.  And even on those days when we might we are
adjusting sails going past islands and points.  When going from your dock to
the dam, how often do we have a constant cross wind?  Whereas often we have
a close haul or run.  Maybe we have to move to the coast to appreciate this
technique.
       And I get the impression that I have long rails on the Gunnells.  If
I were to put the car all the way forward as I would just clear the life
lines and get about the same angle that he gets in his diagram.  Maybe he
was short railed?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA