[Rhodes22-list] Barber Hauler Rummy

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Sun Dec 3 01:36:24 EST 2006

My curiosity has been piqued and I want to try it.  When I'm on a broad
reach or a run, what I need is a whisker pole, sort of the opposite of a
barber hauler.  But on a point of sail between close reach and beam reach, I
can see where it would help.  Although sailing on Lake Minnetonka usually
requires lots of frequent maneuvers and I don't race so the BH might be more
hassle than it's worth in order to get another half knot or so until I tack
again five minutes later.  Tom, you said they're use a lot on long distance
racing and that's pretty much the very antithesis of what I do.  Still,
thanks, all, for this discussion.

Still