[Rhodes22-list] Barber Hauler

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 3 07:44:31 EST 2006

Rummy,

Just the opposte...barber hauler is one more thing to trim...more work for
the single hander. It is used to change sheet angles and as pointed out the
longer the tack the more payoff. On the R22 the only time I see a need is
up-wind. Even then I only mess with when racing. In my opinion you would
still need to resheet unless you want to tension your jib sheet right on the
shrouds. And you wouldn't want to do that. Off the wind with the sail out
side the shrounds there are already enough options for proper sail trim.

Wally