[Rhodes22-list] Barber Hauler

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Dec 2 18:04:40 EST 2006

Tom,
I understand that using the Barber Hauler is supposed to give a single
handed sailor an advantage, but I still don't understand it. If I need to
re-sheet, I simply set the tiller extension against the lee Cockpit and quickly  go
forward and re-sheet the windward sheet and repeat after I have tacked. I do
the entire process in 15 seconds, maximum, and that's with a belly full of rum.
If I'm going downwind, I simply let more of the 175 out without changing
anything. I'm still trying to figure this out. Maybe if I have another drink it
might make more sense to me.

Rummy