[Rhodes22-list] Barber Hauler

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 3 07:53:24 EST 2006

Tom,

I have to disagree......a barber hauler should be used to improve
performance. Point of sail is not the issue. Different boats/sail plans need
help in different places. With a full length track on the R22 there are
plenty of options off the wind. I have 2 blocks on each track. I have never
seen the need for barber hauler off the wind. When flying my 125 inside the
shrouds a pick up several degrees up-wind. The reults are easy to measure
with compass, GPS and tell tales. It works. Keep in mind I don't have a 175.

Wally