[Rhodes22-list] Barber Hauler Wally

Tatflies at cs.com Tatflies at cs.com
Sun Dec 3 12:42:55 EST 2006

Right on!

A barber hauler is just another tool in the tool chest of knowledgeable
sailors. The times I have used it was when it enhanced performance (or hoped it
would) by changing the sail shape beyond what is otherwise available for a given
condition.

The aft track on my R22 provides me with plenty of flexibility while close
hauled for my 175. It is only off the wind when additional angles prove
benificial.

I will add this however, the racers with whom I have sailed, who consistantly
won more races, were those who took advantage of everything at their disposal
(to include a BH if appropriate).

Tom