[Rhodes22-list] Shroud or Stay Covering

Charles Henthorn rexh at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 3 20:01:14 EST 2006

Todd:
     I had thought of that but worried about the tube not being able to turn when the jib sheets rubbed against it.   Plus, wouldn't we want to be sure the turnbuckles were secured with the added friction trying to turn them?
  Rex

Todd Zumach <zoomerzx at gmail.com> wrote:
  How about drilling a small hole through the tube in line with the
turnbuckles connection with the chain plate. You could then fish a small
zip tie through the holes and trap it above the clevis pin on the
turnbuckle. If you did it correctly you shouldn't have much vertical lift
of the tube and it would be easy to remove if you wanted to adjust the
shroud tension.

Todd Zumach
Phillips, WI