[Rhodes22-list] R22 in SW FL waters around Marco Island last week

Julie Rodriguez uncatch22 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 20:00:53 EST 2006

 Hi there to any R22 owners sailing in and around SW Florida Gulf waters
last week.  I was sailing out there and spotted an R22 around Marco Island
early in the week.

The R22 hull was white with navy blue, and had a navy blue border along
with a nice clearly marked  'R22' on the sail. Could not see the
hull lettering well enough from our position to make out a vessel name.
Wondering if it was anyone on the list. If so, you were looking good out
there and wasn't it great weather? Seeing you/them out there made me want to
get my R22 out on the Gulf.

Sadly I wasn't on an R22 myself, but crewing on a Santana 30 for a nice warm
and sunny educational sail on the Gulf off SW FL for the week. Sailing on
the Santana (and others as the opps come up) will have to do until I can get
my R22 off the hard and into the water. Even though it wasn't an R22, I
wouldn't turn down a good learning opp or a good sail.  The very able
Captain of the Santana and I admired the R22 from a distance.

Well, not trying to rub it in or anything - but we had REALLY great weather
last week while the northern states were under snow and ice. Hope you are
all staying warm!

~ julie

R22 owner - Bradenton, Florida