[Rhodes22-list] Mac 26x or 26M vs. Rhodes 22

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Dec 19 08:32:33 EST 2006

Ruben,
Welcome to the Rhodes owners list. You certainly have a long laundry list  of
wants and needs and perhaps you won't find everything you are looking for
without making a few compromises. The R22 fits your needs perfectly, but it does
 not have the interior room of the mac 26. It does have positive flotation, a
175  genoa is available, has inner mast furling main and it can be launched
and  retrieved by one person with the General Boats mast crane and crutch.
I have never sailed a mac 26, but have seen them on the water and they  don't
sail very well, in my opinion. You also asked for something that would  last
a long time. Have you ever seen a ten year old mac? My Rhodes is coming up  on
being 19 years old and she still looks like a new boat.

Rummy