[Rhodes22-list] Chesapeake Marinas

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 2 23:17:00 EST 2006

Folks,

My wife and I spent the day checking out marinas near Deale and Edgewater
Md.  We are getting a refurbished R22 in the spring and we're going to need  a
place to keep it.  In checking out the Shipwright Marina, in Deale, we  learned
there was a red R22 normally kept at the marina - it wasn’t there for  the
winter apparently so we didn’t get to see it or get it’s name.   Does anyone on
the board belong to it?  If so, I'd be interested in any  comments regarding
the Shipwright Marina and that area of the  Chesapeake.

Subsequently we drove up to Galesville to check out the Pirates Cove  Marina,
it’s on the West River.  We were walking the piers and came  upon a pristine
R22 - it looked brand new.  Navy blue hull etc.   Couldn’t see a name on the
boat.  The name might have been on the stern,  but the stern was pointed out
into the water so that I couldn’t see it.   Does anyone on the board belong to
it?  Any comments about that  Marina?

We also saw the Herrington Harbour (North) Marina, it looked pretty  nice.
Anyone have experience with that marina?

Dave