[Rhodes22-list] BR Intellectual Property

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Feb 5 23:01:54 EST 2006

Todd,

I don't mind the jabs, but you think these things through well, and
that's what's really needed here.

Stan has never been able to make any money on this idea, and it's a
great idea.  I seriously considered rigging a pop-up tent of some sort
in the cockpit, but it's not the same thing.

Overnighting on this boat is nothing like camping out (which I gave up
50 years ago).  And I always book nice hotel rooms--as I have often
joked on this list, a Motel-6 is a lot more comfortable than a  million
dollar sailboat--for one thing, you never have to yell at anyone about
using too much water in the shower.

No, the thing is, if you have a comfortable way to overnight, and the
day starts running long, and you would sooner just watch the sun set,
and the stars come out, and if you're going to wake up in a quiet
idyllic spot--you would die for a boom room around midnight that you
could quickly erect and fall into.

I don't know if you've tried my Aerobed idea.  There is an Aerobed that
fits right into the cockpit.  Together with the lazy rocking of the boat
it is just about the most comfortable bed you will ever sleep in--I fall
asleep on it in minutes.  But I don't want to wake up with the sun in my
eyes, and I don't want to fend off mosquitoes all night.  Boom Room!

The Boom Room that is evolving as a result of this list will be as
special as the R-22.  It will have features that can't be duplicated on
other boats.  I don't like to sleep in most boats for reasons the Boom
Room solves.

We are trying to come up with a design that can be purchased piecemeal,
so that people with less cash can buy only essential pieces, and add to
them over time as they see the usefulness of the device.

Pay attention to the ideas and the drawings and jump in with your
thoughts.  One day you're going to want one of these things.

Bill