[Rhodes22-list] Boom Room Update Feb 6

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Mon Feb 6 14:46:01 EST 2006

Nice work, Dave.

Just a few comments:  I don't think a shoulder on the rear panel is
necessary.  You wouldn't gain more than a few inches on the inside and it's
space you don't need and it doesn't KISS.  Remember that the back stays and
traveler are inside the stern pulpit.

The side panels are all different sizes so they cannot be interchangeable.
And there are 3, not 4. The forward side panel has a special little cutout
for the upper shroud, the middle panel is much smaller, and the rear panel
is its own odd shape.

Scan through my pictures again and you'll see what I mean:
 http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8Actm7lm1ZtmFc

I still don't like having to disconnect the aft lower shrouds.  Even if the
clevis were a quick pin, there's still too much tension on it to come off
and put back on without monkeying with the turnbuckles.  Especially a PITA
for those who use the loos gage for super-duper specific mast tuning.

Slim