[Rhodes22-list] Slim! Better keep your current gig a while longer

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Tue Feb 7 12:16:34 EST 2006

Brad,

I'm a member of another e-mail list board of piano players around the
country.  There was a big outpouring of assistance to NO players who lost
their homes and their incomes.  Fortunately, I don't know of any that lost
their lives or those of loved ones.  Nightclubs from coast to coast have
made special efforts to fly in, house and employ them.  Other players have
given up their own gigs to make room for them.

One of my colleagues, Cindy Chen has completely left the music biz and is
working full-time doing charity and fundraising work specifically helping
musicians.  She has provided names and addresses of musicians and their
families who are in need and many, myself included have sent donations of
clothes and sundries to specific out-of-work players.

Thanks for posting this article and I'll forward it to the piano board.

Slim