[Rhodes22-list] Slim! Better keep your current gig a while longer

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 18:34:36 EST 2006

Slim,

We went to the Mississippi Gulf Coast as benevolent
carpent baggers, hell bent to make a profit.  Our
asses were spanked immediately.  This is now month
five and we're just now positive cash flow.  My best
friend bought a house from an 82 year old woman who
rode Katrina out and decided she's too old to ride out
another one.  We hear that story over and over.  My
son and brother cleaned out our neighborhood, and some
others, and seldom refuse a request from this or that
church group to do the same when asked.  I'd like to
tell you that we're unselfish people but quite
frankly, it's cheap advertising.  You can read all the
articles and see all the media photos you want, but
unless you witness it first-hand, you have now idea
how widespread and total the destruction is.  Gary (my
brother) has fallen in love with the MS coast and will
no doubt die there.  My oldest son keeps his cards
close to his chest but has a new girlfriend on the
coast and who knows?  I'm glad we're there.  We may
never pay off our equipment but if it all ended
tomorrow, I'll die a happy man for being at the right
place at the right time with perhaps the wrong idea.

Brad

=== message truncated ===