[Rhodes22-list] New Design BR

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 7 17:17:27 EST 2006

Slim,

Like you say, different strokes for different folks.  If someone prefers to wrap the mast and carry the BR all the way forward, why not.  From my perspective the result doesn't provide any benefit (topping the cabin roof) and provides mobility problems and setup/takedown problems.  Further, I am still not comfortable with a top fabric that needs to be treated.  Make the top white sunbrella, spend precious few bucks more, and not have to worry about putting treatment on the fabric.  Anyone who doubts, watch how water behaves on Sunbrella.  That is why it is the industry standard.  I am really not sure the sailcloth is that inexpensive.

Another thought - Why do we have to have a cookie cutter product?  It is no more expensive to make it custom than to make it universal in my view.  If it needs to be $1K a copy, let's answer the challenge.

Art