[Rhodes22-list] Retirement/Sailing Locales

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 9 16:45:18 EST 2006

Dave,
Great question.  I can only comment on Punta Gorda having trailered Yankee
Clipper down there from Atlanta three times and spent 5 days sailing each
time.  Charlotte Harbor is sailing HEAVEN as far as I'm concerned and
especially for the R22.  It's wide open, but protected and is shallow (15-20
ft max) so it gets choppy in high winds 20+knots-but never any big seas.  So
many great destinations for anchoring in the gulf islands.  The best.  The
downside?  PG is getting expensive, crowded, hurricanes and a lot of 80
year-olds.

Good luck and have fun with this.
Bob K