[Rhodes22-list] (no subject)

thescubatank at cox.net thescubatank at cox.net
Thu Feb 9 18:31:15 EST 2006

Dave,
I just moved to the chesapeake, VA area from Jacksonville, FL. I did my sailing on the St Johns south of downtown. The area is great, the river is good to sail on. From downtown the intercoastal is 6 miles away. You are not far from St Augustine, which is a really nice area also.  The area around Jacksonville is normally untouched by the hurricane seasons. We did get some high winds last year, bu no really direct hits.  In the five years we were there we lost power from hurricanes three times.  Only once for a week. I never had a chance to do the intercoastal. Tome got short after I got Ad Astra and we moved up here. We did sail on a regular basis from the the Orange Park area to downtown Jacksonville. You can tie up downtown for up to 72 hours at a time.  We would go down for dinner and have a moonlight sail home.

Steve & Annette
S/V Ad Astra