[Rhodes22-list] GPS - ?

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Feb 9 17:29:14 EST 2006

Dan,
      Ask Stan what GPS he uses.  I have not seen a place on Lake Champlain
that the shore cannot be seen, why the need for anything more sophisticated
or complex than a compass.  I have a hand held GPS and when sailing I have
only used it check speed.
       Since I do not ever expect to do Blue Water sailing at least in
Rhodes 22, all this GPS discussion is overkill for any competant Rhodes 22
Captain.  Even on the coast, I have only used a local area paper chart and
binoculars.  I do not plan to sail a Rhodes 22 to the Canary Islands.
        Dan, save your money and buy a couple of extra gimbled drink
holders, then tip one for me.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA