[Rhodes22-list] Michaels great trip

Robert Quinn rjquinn at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 12 18:02:19 EST 2006

Michael:  This time of the year, ya takes what ya get.  A good raincoat,
hat, and umbrella would be in order.  (Reminds me of the first time I got to
DC.  It was not sure that I would ever get back so I walked from the Capital
to the Lincoln Memorial and around to the Roosevelt Memorial, taking in all
the sights along the way (Views of the White House, the Washington Memorial,
Jefferson Memorial, Vietnam Wall, Vietnam Statues, and the Korean Memorial).
I was not sure of where I was in relation to the Metro or catching a cab,
plus it was dark, so I walked all the way back.  I about froze to death but
would do it again in a heartbeat as you never know if you'll get back.)

Most of the Market is covered - but open - and not too far from most of the
hotels in the area.  Our cruise boat was enclosed but did have decks that
you could get out on for a better view.  We were there in late October and
did enjoy a nice spell of weather but even then we did need our umbrellas
and rain jackets.

I would expect it to be a bit cooler that what we experienced but milder
than what you are currently experiencing in the NYC area.  If you are
walking back and forth there is a Starbucks on just about every corner,
including the original Starbucks, to duck into for a cup of joe to warm up
with.

Bob