[Rhodes22-list] www.volvooceanrace.org

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Fri Feb 17 16:29:19 EST 2006

Thanks, Bud - while the files are played in Windows Media,
they do not seem to be available as stand-alone files.
I appreciate the pointer, and will look further at
options - and report if I have any luck at capturing
these gems for later enjoyment.

/Robert

Bud wrote:

> Robert,
>   I don't know how to save it as I think it is played as a video stream
> - not a downloaded file.
> Maybe if your default media player has more options then you might be
> able to write it to disk.
> You can see all the videos they have so far starting on this page...
>
> http://www.volvooceanrace.org/multimedia/gallery/gallery.aspx?page=1&type=video
>
> -Bud
>
> Robert Skinner wrote:
>
> >Bud, is there any way to capture that movie as a local file?
> >/Robert Skinner
> >
> >Bud wrote:
> >

> >>Have you guys been watching the Volvo Ocean Race video footage?
> >>The videos are incredible as these boats are flying!  One boat had an
> >>average speed of  23.4 knots over a 24 hour period - and these are
> >>monohulls, not cats.
> >>Here is one of my favorites:
> >>
> >>http://www.volvooceanrace.org/mediaplayer/index.aspx?guid=19e64c70-c0ba-4811-87ae-776db704ec83&bhcp=1
> >>
> >>-Bud
> >>Use Rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list

Robert Skinner
"Squirrel Haven", 9 Gateway Commons, Gorham, Maine 04038-1331
'87 Potter 15 # 1618 "Little Dipper", '94 P19 # 754 "Edith P"
Home message and FAX machine 207-839-8777, Cell 207-653-1752