[Rhodes22-list] Boat Lettering Size?

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Tue Feb 21 22:47:02 EST 2006

In my opinion, it depends at least some on the name and style (e.g., font,
all caps, etc) you want.  This is what I did.

I tool a digital photo of the (blank) stern quarter, as that is where I
wanted the name to be.  I pasted it into a photo program that allowed font
substitutions then played around with fonts and sizes until I got the look I
wanted.  Then, I estimated the font size from the distance between the
waterline and rub rail.  In retrospect, it would have been much easier to
take the photo with a ruler or tape hanging down from the rubrail and
measure it directly.

I second the vote for Rik.  I wanted something a little different from
what's generally available from West Marine and the boat shows, and he
worked with me to make it.

Jim Connolly