[Rhodes22-list] PTE Question

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at verizon.net
Wed Feb 22 08:41:00 EST 2006

Wally,
We added a zippered screen under the companionway flap of the PTE.  I also
made a large screen that can be zipped into the front of the PTE with the
plastic windows folded back. It's not perfected but it allows us to keep
our single cabin-top hatch open as well as get direct ventilation through
the open front of the PTE. You can't have enough ventilation on the
Chesapeake but the mosquitos come in clouds. I've often thought a large
piece of netting would be better for those hot nights at anchor.
Someone  has suggested those nets for patio table umbrellas. We get a fair
number of sudden T-storms though and it's great to be able to button up
quickly. We also like the privacy at a dock. As usual the answer is "it
depends" and "it's all about compromise". With the mods, we love the PTE.

Mary Lou
1991 R22  Fretless
Ft. Washington, PA / Rock Hall, MD & Swan Creek