[Rhodes22-list] Another Ebay R22

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Feb 27 16:39:17 EST 2006

Two replies follow:
1.  Mean Green as Mr. Rummy touts is a good product, but based on my usage
does not do 100%.
     After the mean green I use oxalic acid (painter's wood bleach), then a
dose of the nasty clorox.
     Some times the above three do 100 % and sometimes they do not get rid
of all the black.

2.  In regards to the ebay r22, it may or may not be worth $750.  From the
description of the condition, I would not make a judgement.  It may be worth
the price under two circumstances.
First, if the buyer has lots of time and second, has the enery and humpf to
do it.  It is not likely to
go into the water this year, but depending on the effort it might float.  As
to the sails being green, they still might be cleanable with the same
cleaners mentioned about, but no clorox because clorox deteriorates dacron.
After washing with mean green, let them soak in a tub of oxalic acid and see
what you get.   It was said that the cabin was full of water, well the it
holds water in.  Hum, do you think that it might also hold water out?
     Because the seller put up $750 does not mean that you cannot bid less.
That $750 was not listed as a bid.
     This sounds like a project for Lou...

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA