[Rhodes22-list] road trip

benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Tue Feb 28 07:30:28 EST 2006

Hi all,

I leave tomorrow for the long slow trip, hauling Velvet Elvis back to Edendton
for her long-needed hurricane overhaul.  This will be my first trip to GB, and
I'm looking forward to it very much.

Even though I was just motoring a mastless shell of a boat, it felt fantastic to
be out on the water again.  I had gotten numb to being land-bound over the last
six months, but now I'm missing my nautical freedom more than ever.

There's no telling what my timing will be, but it just might work out that I pass
back through the Hartwell area on Saturday.  Is anyone interested in taking a
boatless miscreant sailing if that's where I happen to be?  I'll throw an extra
bottle of Mt. Gay in the car just in case the timing works out.

Ben