[Rhodes22-list] Elvis's road trip

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Feb 28 15:43:41 EST 2006

Ben;
     I expect to be in town.  My boat is grungy and in need of a very
through cleaning.  If you do not mind an older boat in need of strenuous
cleaning, stop by.
     As a practical matter, the fastest way from Greenville/Anderson to
Edenton is up I-85 to Durham then U.S. 64 from Raleigh to Williamston then
U. S. 17 to Edenton.  The road changes on I-40, I-440 between Chapel Hill
and Raleigh can be tricky and the signage not always comprehensible to an
out of towner.
     Coming up I-85 from Alabama, it may be shorter to take I-20 from
Atlanta to Florence and I-95 up to Raleigh then U.S. 64 east.  If you go
that way let me tell you that there is no easy short cut accross North
Carolina to Williamston, especially if you are towing a boat.
     U.S. 64 is now interstate quality all the way from Raleigh to
Williamston, very good quality road.
     Driving time from Greenville to Edenton is 7 1/2 hours slightly
exceeding the legal speed limit all the way.  BTW where did you get the
trailer?  It is important to avoid Atlanta and Charlotte during rush hous.
      Have you arranged this sojourn with Commodore Spitzer?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA