[Rhodes22-list] Florida Syndicate--2006

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Jan 3 18:45:05 EST 2006

Bill:
	I saw the request to part that boat out.  I encourage you; if you do
not put it in sailing shape yourself to sell it whole to one of the wanabees
to be put back into the water.  Keep in mind that Stan claims to have
trailers available.   If nothing else, maybe he would rent you one for a
couple of months.  Another thing might be to offer Stan a clean up job and
make sailable then both of you sell it.  Not as a recycle, but something one
of the people who can not afford the recycle price, but really want a boat
would be able to buy.
	Or buy a place in the Keys to keep the boat.  Then when you are not
in the Keys, rent the place with a sailboat at the dock.
	How are you keeping it now?  Renting the place where it is from the
yard?  Get Rummy to go down and get and it and put it in Lake Hartwell.
Keep in mind that Rodger (with a'd') now works at Big Water Marina.  He is
the Guy who restored the boat that Art bought.  The number of boats is down
at Hartwell and Rummy sounds forlorn without anyone to race.
	Has anybody familiar with the R22 actually looked at the boat and
evaluated it?  From the pictures that were on the Web, the mainsail was in
the worst condition.  What would Stan want for a usable old main sail?
	Keep in mind that in cleaning up an old boat, labor will be the most
expensive item.  How old are your sons?  Are they old enough to scrub the
decks?
	BTW, I guess all the rain that I drove thru getting back to South
Carolina turned white in your area?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA