[Rhodes22-list] One Hatch/Two Hatches

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at verizon.net
Sun Jan 8 21:48:07 EST 2006

Dave,
We have just the one hatch and it does provide a lot of ventilation.
Unfortunately we also use the pop-top cover a lot which covers the
hatch  and makes it unusable. We've been working on a screened modification
to the pop-top cover that will allow us to keep leave the pop-top cover
partially unzipped and the hatch open. We also have the opening front ports
and rely on them with the pop-top cover. It may depend on how much
ventilation you really need. If you are mostly daysailing it may not be
much of an issue. We spend nearly every weekend through a hot buggy
Chesapeake summer on the boat so ventilation and screens are important to us.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Ft. Washington, PA / Swan Creek, MD