[Rhodes22-list] One Hatch/Two Hatches

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Mon Jan 9 08:55:44 EST 2006

Dave,
I have two hatches.  I find that the second hatch provides a bit more
sitting headroom directly underneath it inside the cabin,  but it does take
away a place to sit or stand on the cabin top.  It is a nice skylight when
you are lying down, and does add to the ventilation when the pop-top is
down.  When the pop-top is up, the large opening makes the extra hatch
unnecessary....unless you are not moving and then it can act as a small
wind scoop.

Bill W.

             DCLewis1 at aol.com
             Sent by:
             rhodes22-list-bou                                          To
             nces at rhodes22.org         rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
                                                                        cc

             01/08/2006 08:07                                      Subject
             PM                        [Rhodes22-list] One Hatch/Two
                                       Hatches

             Please respond to
               The Rhodes 22
                 mail list
             <rhodes22-list at rh
                odes22.org>

Folks,

My wife and I are working with Stan to get a refurbished Rhodes 22.   Stan
has suggested we go with a hull with 1 hatch (over the head).  There  may
be
several reasons for that suggestion, but I’m sure one of them is to help
us
contain our costs.  However, I would like to query the board regarding 1
versus 2
hatches before we lock-in.  Has anyone had experience with 1 and 2  hatch
formats?  Does that 2nd hatch really provide a greatly needed and
appreciated
benefits?  For example, is the ventilation from just one hatch
insufficient?  I’
d appreciate any comments.

Thanks,
Dave