[Rhodes22-list] Anchoring -- Phuzzy Physics

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 13 20:57:09 EST 2006

Bill,

What you seem to be having trouble getting a handle on in this reply is
that lifting the weight of all that chain requires energy. Much more
energy than just lifting a nylon rode. That energy is taken from the
motion of the boat as it tightens the rode, ie it slows. Therefore it is
moving slower when it snubs up against the end of the rode and is less
likely to jerk the anchor out of it's set.

Rik