[Rhodes22-list] anchoring obsession

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 14 15:15:53 EST 2006

Bill,

Two years ago, sailing down the East River, the current was about that.  In
Beaufort, NC (where Bill W anchored) there can be some pretty strong
currents as the Altlantic makes it's way through the inlets during tidal
changes. We're planning a Cape Lokout trip later, so it's possible.  I don't
think anchoring in a 5 knot current is likely, but if it can be done I sure
would like to know how.

PT