[Rhodes22-list] Go-To Anchor

Wallace Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 16 09:15:46 EST 2006

Bill,

I have kept quiet on this go around because the last anchor thread got out
fo control. :-)

If you remember I said then for my conditions (muddy clay bottom) I found
chain was not needed and more trouble than it was worth. I use an anchor
that recommends no chain with nylon rhode...I can't remember the brand and
it works well. I also have a small mushroom for lunch hook but usually we
just drift for lunch so it doesn't get used much. I have a danforth knockoff
with chain in laz but I haven't used it in over 3 years.

Different conditions call for different techniques. It helps to be prepared
and understand the various anchoring techniques. Some conditions don't
require chain. I hate dealing with the red clay. Dipping rhode doesn't get
all of the mud off.

Wally