[Rhodes22-list] Heave-To

Wallace Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 17 07:37:03 EST 2006

Rummy,

I agree. If you were off shore and these conditions came in what would you
do? That is really the question.

I have been out in in 25 and it is not the 25 that gets you. It is the 35 -
40 gusts. That is why hove to or not you are looking for trouble. Often
gusts are not from the same direction as the steady wind. Hove to in 40 plus
in confused seas sounds pretty scary to me.

Sea anchors work really well.

Wally