[Rhodes22-list] Pickup Truck Cover

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Wed Jan 18 14:00:30 EST 2006

Bill,

Being a van man myself, I like to be able to store gear in the back without
worrying about weather or theft.  On any given day, I usually have a
combination of boating stuff, music stuff and tools back there and with
darkened windows, nobody can even see what's there.  I gives me piece of
mind.  For a pick up, I'd be tempted to go with a full-size topper with
tinted windows and be done with it.  But the expense and storage of it when
you want the open bed might dissuade you.  Also problematic is that you have
to crawl in on your hands and knees to get at anything packed forward.  IMO,
The next best would be a soft cover you could take off, roll up and easily
stow.  I've heard that any bed cover will give you less drag and better
mileage.

Slim