[Rhodes22-list] Hi Dave

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 09:48:04 EST 2006

Hi, Peter.  Nope, didn't see this yesterday.

I moved to Chapel Hill to work for a division of Kodak that was based in
Durham (their imaging services/photofinishing division), then ended up
working for IBM in RTP until they moved me back north (I've Been Moved).
I'm not to be confused with the famous Dave Bradley that worked for IBM in
Raleigh -- he was the inventor of the 'control-alt-delete' sequence.  I used
to enjoy getting his fan mail by mistake.

We really liked living there and getting a taste for the South (though I'm
sure someone will observe that Chapel Hill is exempted from being part of
the South).  And we made a number of fun trips up to Smith Mountain Lake --
seems like there would be many miles of great sailing there if the wind gets
down in the valley.  And the Outer Banks were just incredible.  I'm looking
forward to getting back to NC when I pick up my new boat in Edenton in
March!!

Best regards,

Dave Bradley

On 1/20/06, Peter Thorn <pthorn at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> GlacierDave, I sent this message yesterday, but it never appeared on the
> list.  ??
>
> -------------------------
> Hi Dave,
>
> Things here in blue heaven seem pretty normal.  We live in Orange County
> west of town and stay busy dinghy racing the SAYRA Tanzer 16 circuit at
> Kerr lake, Jordan lake, Lake Townsend, Lake Waccamaw, New Bern and Edenton
> and cruising Raven at Kerr Lake, Smith Mountain lake, little Washington
> (NC),
> Oriental/Pamlico, and an annual Chesapeake trip.  It keeps me out of
> trouble. Were you a UNC-CH student, teacher, RTP employee or retiree?
>
> PT

David Bradley
203.253.9973
dwbrad at gmail.com