[Rhodes22-list] Transom mount transducers

Richard Smith sailnut at att.net
Mon Jan 23 16:12:45 EST 2006

With the board up the boat draws 18 inches!  What do you need a depth
sounder for?

The only occasion I found a sounder useful was when I plotted a single
bearing against my depth.  Pretty decent way to plot ones position!

Richard Smith

PS:  If you really want a sounder then a transducer glued to the inside of
the hull will work just fine.  Years ago I had one which would read to 200
feet.