[Rhodes22-list] 12 volt wire gauge from OB to Cabin (10' max assumed)

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Jan 29 12:57:51 EST 2006

Rummy,

Not necessarily right, but necessarily true.

To me and Michael the cost is cheap in terms of added reliability.  That
may not be right for you and others.  But the system will be more
reliable the larger the wire.  In terms of handling, I just need to be
able to bend the wire--it is installed just once.  When people see the
size of these different wires, they know what is right for them.  It is
important to understand and factor in all the different aspects of this
decision, and not select a smaller wire simply because it is cheaper and
more flexible.

Bill Effros