[Rhodes22-list] 12 volt wire gauge from OB to Cabin (10' maxassumed)

Michel Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Sun Jan 29 13:33:35 EST 2006

Been their before on the sizing, IIRC my run from the front(under the
step) to the mount lungs was 16 feet each way(32 total) and the motor
had #8 wire leads for 8 feet each way(meant to go on the battery) for
another 16 feet worth, it a good trip,, because the batty is far away
the voltage regulator also gets effected on charging(i.e. the voltage
drop), after everything was said and done, #4 came out right and I used
#2 just to improve performance and all but handle a dead short. NOW #2
could be a PITA for getting it passed the bulkhead but I did not have
that issue. Using the breaker is just cheap insurance.

-MJM