[Rhodes22-list] Dave's Sojourn to Edenton

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 30 19:58:36 EST 2006

Dave,
I totally agree with the enclosed head decision.  Having only a holding tank
depends on where you sail and the number of pump-out facilities available to
you.  My wife once filled up the holding tank all by herself in less than 24
hours and it cut our trip (in FL) short because there were no pump-out
stations anywhere nearby and it was really FULL.  I had a macerator pump and
Y-valve, but they were not installed at the time for reasons I won't go
into.  Needless to say, my Y-valve and macerator pump are in and working and
it does give a lot of flexibility.  Just wanted to share that and confuse
you even more.  I'm building a house now, so just remember the three most
expensive words: "might as well..."
Bob K
Yankee Clipper