[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Bill, Michael, Dave, Rummy, Michael, Nick, ...

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Tue Jan 31 21:38:42 EST 2006

Michael,

Regarding looking for work in WDC, forget NSA, it will take the govt a  year
to hire you for anything, let alone NSA.  There are multiple  beltway bandits
- many of them reputable - who really do a lot (some would say  most) of the
governments work, and they can hire quickly.  I encourage  you to consider
them.  Also, there is a significant private tech presence  in the area.  For
example the area is headquarters for Marriot, AES, etc -  nothing on the scale of
NYC, but it's here.  So don't just lock in on NSA,  the area has much more -
and it's growing, and it's relatively stable.

FYI, a non-US origin spouse is not a stopper for a standard  clearance, but
there are multiple places (e.g. NIH, NASA, NIST, etc and the  contractors that
support them) where you will not need a clearance.  If you  decide to look, I
recommend you look at non-defense and non-homeland-insecurity  organizations
where you won't need a clearance.  Also, there  are a  bunch of private
companies (e.g. MicroStrategy) that might be of interest.

You will need a spell checker however.

Dave.