[Rhodes22-list] E10 Gas in 2 Stroke Outboards

Rick Lange SloopBlueHeron at ISP.Com
Sun Jul 2 20:21:59 EDT 2006

In reading my July issue of the Boat US magazine, I came across an article
about the problems caused by using ethanol as a gasoline additive.  It
says 2 stroke outboards without "oil injection" could have problems with
lubrication because of the water absorbed by the ethanol.

Does anyone know what oil injection is?  I presume it eliminates mixing
the oil in the gasoline.

Also, has anyone had any adverse experience with E10 gas in an outboard?
Its just being introduced into my locale, so people around here are only
starting to see the effects.  Mostly clogged filters so far.

I'm hoping the 3 gallon tank I use for my 2 stroke won't pick up much
water over the summer, and I always throw out what remains at season end.

Rick