[Rhodes22-list] Wow this is a boring night

Todd Zumach zoomerzx at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 18:42:13 EDT 2006

Good point.  I normally release the tension on the topping lift.  However,
this was one of those "all show" photo ops.  I took the boat out about 50
yards and turned for a couple of quick pictures (don't tell anyone, but I
had the motor running the whole time).  I swung by the dock picked up my
wife and my parents and took off (I turned off and raised the motor).

One question I do have is what is the correct tension on the jib stay?  You
can't tell from the original picture, but I think there is a little sag.
How much mast rake should I have vs shortening the jib stay a little?  I
added another picture that think shows the sag a little.

Any help would be appreciated. I

Capn Z
Phillips, WI