[Rhodes22-list] Baffle them with Bullshit

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Wed Jul 5 21:54:34 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/5/2006 6:00:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
flybrad at gmail.com writes:

One  strategically sunk tanker in the Straight could shut off shipping  for
months.

This "fact" deserves sourcing.  I've found the following and concluded
there's no way one tanker is going to block the Straits of Hormuz.  How am  I wrong?

The _strait_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strait)  at  its narrowest is 21
miles wide _[1]_
(http://www.un.org/Depts/los/convention_agreements/convention_historical_perspective.htm) ,  having two 1 mile wide channels for marine
traffic separated by a 2 mile wide  buffer zone _[2]_
(http://www.ndu.edu/inss/books/Books_2002/Globalization_and_Maritime_Power_Dec_02/09_ch08.htm) ,  and is
the only sea passage to the open ocean for large areas of the _petroleum_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum)   exporting _Persian Gulf  States_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Gulf_States) .
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straits_of_Hormuz_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straits_of_Hormuz)