[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Technique Question

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sun Jul 9 13:42:56 EDT 2006

Rummy & Wally,

Thanks for your response, it just never occurred to me that you might  re-rig
the headsail sheets while underway.  Is re-rigging a  headsail sheet to run
through the shrouds something you guys do when  sailing single handed?  If so,
how do you execute? You're steering through  a tack ( hand on the the tiller),
tending the mainsheet, and now you've got  to take a headsail sheet forward,
guide it through the shrouds while  pulling the headsail after.  As I think it
through, it sounds like a mad  scramble for one guy - is there a key to
making it work (assuming you can make  it work with 1 guy)?  Rummy's French maiden
sounds attractive, for a  number of reasons.

Dave