[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Technique Question

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Jul 9 22:50:02 EDT 2006

Dave,

I resheet single handed all the time.  If you sail flat there is very
little pressure on the tiller.  I use Stan's broom handle holders and
have one on each side of the stern--I have sailed for hours with the
tiller locked into one of these clamps without ever touching the
tiller.  I steer by shifting my weight in the boat.  I almost always
keep the pop top up, and resheet from inside the cabin.

Thanks for doing all the homework on the oil issue.

Bill Effros