[Rhodes22-list] Fall Haul?

Saroj Gilbert saroj at pathfind.net
Sun Jul 9 22:38:03 EDT 2006

The winters have been very mild here since I moved end of 2002 and generally
they are mild... one or two ice storms, 2 or 3 snow storms and maybe 10 to
20 days below freezing is typical.  The past two years have been
unseasonably warm.  The first winter there was a very thin film of ice on
the water which was barely brackish well off the York River in a fresh water
creek.  I personally think it is harder on a boat to be left in the water,
but only because even with bottom paint there is some vegetation that
attaches itself.  As far as bottom paint goes, I prefer to use a 2-year
paint to avoid the yearly painting... I did this in 2003 and when I pulled
the boat in November which was 2 1/2 years, there was nothing on the hull.
Unfortunately my centerboard is stuck up and I suspect it is because I
neglected to ensure that the boat yard lower the CB and paint it as well.

Saroj